Meta Announced New Features in Instagram Reels
Social media giant Instagram introduced Text to Speech and Voice Effects for reels. The new audio tools in the Instagram app allow users for adding artificial voices in Reels. Voice Effect feature lets users modify audio or voiceover in Reels whereas the Text to Speech feature lets creators use an artificial voice to read any text they add instead of using their voice in the video.
The update on the latest features was made via the Instagram community page last Thursday. The Text to Speech and Voice Effects features to focus on allowing users to be more creative with Reels. Users looking for the text Speech option can access it via the text tool in the Reels camera. It enables an auto-generated voice to read the text one added to Reels aloud. The new voice effects give can be utilized to add an artificial voice to the video for narration instead of using own voice. These features announced by the social networking platform owned by Meta are already available on TikTok and are open to both iOS and Android users.
Using Text to Speech on Instagram
To add the new text to the speech option on Instagram, follow the steps
- Open Reels Camera in the Instagram app.
- Record a video or upload via the gallery.
- Tap on the Text tool to add text.
- Tap on the text bubble and select Text to Speech from the three dots menu.
- Choose from the two options — Voice 1 and Voice 2. Select and tap on Post.
Currently, Instagram offers five-voice effect options named, announcer, helium, giant, robot, and vocalist that can be used to make funny videos in different voices.
Using Voice Effects on Instagram
- Record a Reel and tap music note to open the audio mixer.
- Select a voice effect from the effect menu to modify your reel or voiceover.